Wednesday, November 18, 2009

MOMMY'S LITTLE GIRL


I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. It was beautifully written. Diane was able to put into words the exact things I felt in her Afterwards.
The details she uncovered brought the family more to life.
I had many questions about George, before reading the book, that Diane answered. I wondered about his police career, about what he was doing for a living at the time all this happened. I always saw him as the perfect person but she shows in her book that he too, had some issues.
I never really thought Cindy was the monster the media seemed to make her out to be. I didn't understand why people persecuted her and seemed to try to hold her responsible. I still don't know. I love the way Diane so gracefully puts into words, what would we do if we were walking in her shoes?
I can look at this case and see that Cindy is not all that different from what I might have been. She worked and tried to help make a living for her family. She loved her Grandchild as most of us do. She wanted Casey to be the best she could be. That's what I wanted for my children too, and it was my place as their mother to guide them in that direction, even if it did mean confrontations at times.
This book gave me a new respect for Lee. I was on the fence where he was concerned, but reading MLG made me see him more clearly and feel that he wanted to do what was right, whatever it was.
As for Casey, I have to agree with George, knowing my heart, when he says "You know, there's some people that say, well we should be done with it. Well we can't. That's our daughter, you know. No matter what she may or may not have done. No matter what, that's still our daughter, no matter what."
I highly recomment this book.

No comments:

Blog Archive